Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Experctations and Uncertainties About Engl 3116

I haven't ever really taken a Digital Media/ Advance Theory class but I was interested when I added the class to my schedule. When I signed up for the course, I didn't know that we would mostly be dealing with articles on the internet and what digitial media actually means. I actually like learning about these concepts and ideologies a lot and would like to learn more about the digital media age. My expectations for this class would be that we would discuss these theories in detail and explore aspects of the digital world. I would like this to be done through images and the various articles that can be supplied through you as our teacher.

However, I am a little uncertain about some of the topics that have been going on in the readings. The readings are sometimes easy to read, but at other times I have no idea what they are talking about. For example, in Norris's article I was very confused by all the theories he was trying to throw at his readers. It was a very bulky text and I would sometimes understand what he was discussing, but at other times I absolutley had no idea. It especially was confusing when he talked about quantum mechanics since there was a lot of different views and it seemed to be a jumble mess to me. Basically, I am a little worried that the readings might go over my head, but I believe that if we discuss these topics in class, I should be able to understand them better.

Overall, I am excited to learn about the digital world and how it affects all of us in our daily lives. I really think, well especially for me, that we sometimes forget how important the interent is since it keeps all of us connected to the world. If we didn't have internet, I don't think I would know what to do half of the time or know what is going on in the world. So I believe that the digital age is helpful to our society and has made us a more diversw, as well as complex society as a whole and has bettered our general community.

No comments:

Post a Comment